Mission and Values
The Propionic Acidemia Foundation is dedicated to finding improved treatments and a cure for Propionic Acidemia by funding research and providing information and support to families and medical professionals.
Board of Directors and Officers
- Jill Chertow Franks – Director and President, Illinois, 2003-present
- Brittany Smith – Director, Treasurer, Illinois, 2006-present
- Ann Marie Young – Director, Pennsylvania Dec. 2010 – present
- Angela Waits – Director, Secretary Missouri Dec. 2013 – present
- Marisa Cotrina-Director 2015-present
Medical Advisory Board
The Propionic Acidemia Foundation is honored to include the following metabolic and genetic specialists in our Medical Advisory Board:
- Gerard T. Berry, M.D., Children’s Hospital Boston 2003-present
- Barbara Burton, M.D., Northwestern University Medical School and Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago 2003-present
- Pinar T. Ozand, M.D, PH.D., King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia 2003-present
- William Nyhan, M.D., PH.D, UCSD School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 2003-present
- Mendel Tuchman, M.D.
- Mary Elizabeth McGeehe Joyce, Professor of Pediatrics, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Vice Chairman for Research, Scientific Director, Children’s Research Institute, Children’s National Medical Center, Washington, D.C. 2006-present
- Newsletter: Julie Howard, Jennifer Mouat, Toni McKinley and Dave McKinley
- Development: Sharron Ames, Sandy McKillop
Email [email protected] for more information about joining a committee.
A Special Thanks
The Propionic Acidemia Foundation would like to thank our emeritus founding board members for their time and dedication:
Michael Rosenson (2003-2013)
Janice S. Boecker (2003-2006, 2008-2010)
Susan Millett (2003-2004)
Ruth Milne (2003-2006)
Kathy Stagni (2003-2005)
We would also like to thank our emeritus board members for their dedication and service to those affected by Propionic Acidemia:
Sheila Buice (2014-2015)
Eric McAdams (2012-2015)
Nicole Russell (2012-2015)
Pat Yeary (2014)
Michelle Burns (2005-2008)
Jennifer Mouat (2008-2009)
We would also like to thank Michelle Burns (2005-2008) and Jennifer Mouat (2008-2009) for their time and dedication.
Thank you to Dr. Stuart K. Shapira, MD, PhD (2003-2005) and James Leonard, Ph.D, FRCP (2003-2008) for sitting on our medical advisory board. Their dedication to the field of metabolics has been a great value to the PAF
We are very appreciative for the work of Mel Russell and Angela Waits on maintaining and updating the PAF website.